Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Off to the land of brilliant color and spice.. India awaits...




Well, I am back at it again. I feel pretty lucky to head out on another truely grand adventure less than a year since my last one! Hopefully, I can add a bit to this blog as I venture through India so that you can follow along with me.

I leave Thursday January 8 travel through South West India for a month, giving presentations to 10 different Rotary Clubs, shadowing professionals in Natural Resource management and staying in the home of Rotarians. Fully immersed I will be.. I fly back out of Mumbai (Bombay) on Feb 10 and on to Paris early a.m. where I will spend four days mountain biking and touring the Museums of Paris, while dining on extravagant bread, cheese and wine..

Yeah ok.. just smack me if you hear me complaining about my life when I get back from this trip.. So with that said.. I am off and running trying to finalize my work and pack those items I can't bear to part with for 5 weeks (toilet paper and Chocolate.. although it was recommended that Hershey bar remain the shelf and I instead should pick that necessity up in Paris.. now that is a friend that has my back!).

With anticipation and glee, I leave New York to feed my craving for adventure.. May it never be tamed!

7 comments:

Erin said...

Hey! Your map is awesome... I'm not so technically adept. It looks great and looking forward to reading your thoughts/insights!
Erin

Anonymous said...

Hey, You want to spent like.. 18 hours on a plane with me? I'll email it to you.. Your Powerpoint extrodinairre..(obviously not spelling)...me..

Natasha Beccaria said...

youre going to paris for 4 days??? WOW i dont think you told me that. That's awesome. Europe is a cool place!

Anonymous said...

Fly baby Fly!! 'Aint nutting gonna cramp my style, aint nothing gonna HOLDD ME DOWN! OH NO! I GOT TO KEEP ON MOVING!!'
I made Santa Fe, NM my new home. You would love it out here!

-Your favorite Mr. David Gaspar

Anonymous said...

Hay Polly. Sorry I haven't been in touch in a long time. The other day one of my bosses at work was telling be about a humanitarian group that travels the world. This group is called Salaam Garage and your the first person that came to mind. I'm not sure if you would be interested, but it looked interesting and figured I would toss it your way. Their website is http://salaamgarage.com/

Anonymous said...

Hello Polly!!!!
Justin's mom called and said you have safely landed and are off on a great adventure.
Stay safe and have a wonderful time.
We love you!
Mom and Bob

Anonymous said...

Hey Polly,
Glad to see you are back at it again...chasing fire.

I got you email the other day, but it was today that I was WLIW21 and they were doing a 2hr spcial on India and their food. The second hour was in Goa, I was looking for you...lol.

After seeing the special you are in deed in for some fun and great food. I look forward to hearing about your new adventures!

Skippy