Thursday, January 15, 2009

What is today?

I have no idea what the date is or even what day it is.. and I never watch time pass me by on my wrist...and to top it off, my cell phone is off. I am doing so much here that the day's seem like they are two.. I have barely enough time to zip off a few highlights in my journal before crashing briefing before I am back at it. Today, I head off to a new host family. I have had three so far and I have been kept "in the family" as the three collectively are two brothers and a friends.. Each morming I am up by 6 am (its 5 pm in NY). yesterday, I was off to observe morning Yoga in a ancient white marble temple of the King (Maharji), is a common practice. Whisps of sandlewood incense and cool marble spark my scences, and the fine accoustics of the marble walls and chanting, bring goosebumps to my arms.

We spend our mornings with our host familys, and alternate vocational visits with site seeing. So far, I have met the princess of Kolapur- (Yup, that was on day 1), toured her palace (gianormous is too small of a description), visitings a sitar, spinning, and weaving factory (OSHA would not be pleased), toured blood banks, hospitals, a deaf school and a couple universities, a sugar refinery, nursery, and Flower producers (that's were all these flowers I keep getting have come from. the count is up to 75!). Alrighty.. I have to run.. more soon.. Love Polly

3 comments:

Natasha Beccaria said...

WOW they are keeping you busy!! I cant wait to hear all about your trip. Im still pregnant by the way... had a small blood pressure scare but everything seems to be fine now.

Lea said...

great to hear from you Polly and to hear that all is going so well. can't wait to hear it in full detail on your return! try to package up some of that curry for me, would you? ;)
Lea

Anonymous said...

Hello!!!
It's finally above zero here. Yeah!!!!!
Things are good and it sounds like you're flying from one thing to the next. My yoga instructor is really jealous of your visit to the temple. Did you try to "join in" on the yoga?
Are you learning any of the language? Any trouble communicating with the host families?
Emjoy - Love ya Mom